Japan's 2nd oldest university enhances its digital learning environment by providing anywhere, anytime lab access to students
Japan’s second oldest university is one of Asia's highest ranked universities. The University was attended by around 23,000 students and has three campuses offering undergraduate degrees: integrated human studies, letters, education, law, economics, science, medicine, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering, and agriculture. University also has 18 graduate schools to offer master's, doctoral and professional degree programs.
1. Faculty Dependent On IT Team
2. Lower Productivity
3. Inefficient utilization of IT resources
4. Limited lab access to students
Being one of the largest universities in Japan, Kyoto University had multiple departments and each department required multiple labs to accommodate all of their students. Faculty members were highly dependent on the IT team even for the smallest troubleshooting or installation process in the lab environment. Also, students had to wait long hours for the labs to get vacated and accessing lab outside of classroom hours followed a tedious and long procedure. The management was also spending a huge amount of capital in building the desktop computing infrastructure.
1. Stable, reliable, easy-to-maintain virtual ICT labs were setup 2.The solution provided a self-service portal which enabled the institute to dynamically provision lab environments 3. Students were provided with anytime, anywhere access to training and lecture content
1. Empowered faculties & students
2. Better utilization of IT resources
3. Increased productivity
4. Realtime learning analytics
5. Lower total cost of ownership
6. Secure access from anywhere, anytime & from any device
You May Also Like
Larsen & Toubro
Larsen & Toubro, a leading Indian conglomerate adopted Accops HyWorks, HySecure & HyID to provide secure SAP access to users at its remote branch offices.
LIC India rolled out Accops HySecure to enable its agents and branch office users to securely access regional data centres over Internet.
Wockhardt Ltd, a global pharmaceutical major consolidated its IT infrastructure with Accops HyWorks and HyDesk to ensure strict security compliance.
Ready to get started?
Connect with our technology consultants